Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Here goes nothing

Hi, my name is Miguel. This upcoming summer (2007), I will be riding a bike with 49 others, mostly from the University of Texas like myself, from Austin, Texas to Alaska. Why? We ride to raise awareness about cancer and also to raise funds to further research to discover a cure for cancer. For 70 days, we will ride 4,500 miles on two different routes, one through the Rockies, and another up the West Coast. We have an official website at www.texas4000.org which has much more information. Please check it out if you are interested. Each rider also has a blog on the website which we use to share our experiences related to the Texas 4000. I created this blog because all our posts on the website must be well representative of the group since it is our official informational website and this blog will serve as I guess what would be considered an "unedited" version of my blog on the website. Or, whatever happens, at least it will be another website to raise awareness about the ride. Well, and I was getting tired of Xanga, and have been wanting to start a new blog here anyway.

Also, I wanted to make this another way to reach out and ask for donations. I know that most people who will read this will be friends of mine, most likely in college. And if you're anything like me, you don't have much money. So, I won't be pestering everyone for donations all the time. I'm just posting this on all my blogs, asking for any donation you might be willing to give no matter how large or how small. Any bit helps, and it goes towards a great cause, and it will be much appreciated by many people. Let me know if you would like to help out, whether it be by e-mail, a comment, phone call, or if you see me sometime, whatever.

With that said, you can expect me to be posting here rather often most likely with updated on fundraising, training, hardships, and anything else Texas 4000 related. Hell, it'll probably anything I feel like writing about, but I'm sure that the Texas 4000 will be consuming much of my life for the next 10 months or so, especially as the ride nears. But for now, I'm out.

Peace and Love,
T4k Tito

No comments: