Thursday, July 05, 2007

Day 10-A Rest Day To Catch Up

Day Off in Albuquerque

I assumed a day off would be restful and not exhausting. I should have known better and should not assume such anymore. A day off simply meant it was a day to do everything we have been putting off since we started riding. I feel more tired now after a day off the bike than I do after a day in the saddle.
As I mentioned in my last post, my body felt 7:15 was a good time to wake up and did not like the idea of going back to sleep. I thought it would at least be a good chance to get some stuff accomplished today. Once again, I was wrong. Just as a group of 5 of us were about to leave, the rest of the team began waking up and wanted to go eat. So we sat around for an hour or so, waiting for everyone to get ready. By that time, we had not time after we ate to do any other errands and had to head to the University of New Mexico cancer center to visit. We sat in the waiting room for a while, talking with patients and their families, and then met with a researcher at the facility who said a great deal of things way over my head.

After the hospital visit, we ran around the rest of the day to do all the errands we needed to do. We did not get back to the church where we are staying until about 9 PM, and we were too exhausted to do much of anything when we returned. So now I leave you for a nights sleep which I am very much looking forward to.

Peace and Love,
Tired Tito

No comments: